Goodreid Grant & Walta LLC
7761 Shaffer Parkway, Suite 105
Littleton, CO 80127
Goodreid Grant & Walta LLC
Paul M. Grant
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Since 1993, Mr. Grant has represented companies and individuals in high-stakes cases covering a variety of legal claims. As proof of his expertise in the courtroom and in arbitration proceedings, one need only look at the diverse group of clients who have relied on Mr. Grant over the years, including automobile dealerships, building manufacturers, telecommunications companies, and real estate developers, just to name a few.
In addition to his trial capabilities, Mr. Grant also is experienced in the corporate boardroom, based on his years of in-house work for one of the country’s leading telecommunications companies. That is one reason he focuses on determining and implementing the most efficient and economical solution when representing both individuals and businesses.
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial litigation involving employer/employee relationships, construction, automotive industry, deceptive trade practices, trade secret misappropriation, business breakups/dissolution, breach of contract, and personal injury/infectious disease;
- Bankruptcy, including filing chapter 7 and 11 proceedings on behalf of individuals and small businesses and the representation of debtors in bankruptcy adversary proceedings; and
- Commercial/corporate counsel including advice on legal issues and drafting company documents.
- Summary judgment for employee in breach of employment agreement case, Gruber v. Regis Corp., 2019 WL 3943874 (D. Colo. 2019);
- Summary judgment in a misappropriation of trade secret and violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act case heard in Colorado federal court involving an automobile dealer and its former employees, Wolf Auto Center Sterling, LLC v. Schadegg, 2017 WL 5495743 (D. Colo. 2017);
- Summary judgment in a deceptive trade practices case heard in Colorado federal court involving steel building competitors, General Steel Domestic Sales, LLC v. Chumley, 2012 WL 1439228 (D. Colo. 2012);
- Substantial recoveries against a steel building company for breach of contract, fraud, deceptive trade practices, and civil theft, e.g., Amicorp Inc. v. General Steel Domestic Sales, LLC, 2007 WL 2890089 (D. Colo. 2007); Amicorp Inc. v. General Steel Domestic Sales, LLC, 248 Fed.Appx. 527 (10th Cir. 2008); General Steel Domestic Sales, LLC v. Denver/Boulder Better Business Bureau, 2009 WL 535780, 2009 WL 1292780, 2009 WL 2475142 (D. Colo. 2009);
- Successful defense of debtor in adversary proceeding against chapter 7 trustee, In re Beaty, 2011 WL 3323760 (D. Colo. 2011);
- Favorable decision for plaintiff client in Jefferson County, Colorado, for misappropriation of trade secrets by a former employee who started a competing business;
- Defense victory for trustee in mortgage fraud case and an award of attorneys’ fees and costs for attempting to enforce a spurious lien; and
- Multiple arbitration awards for unpaid subcontractors on construction projects.
- Texas, 1993
- Colorado, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, J.D. – 1993
- University of Texas, Texas, B.B.A. – 1990 cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member